All Burghfield Santa events that are attended by the general public are organised in accordance with UK legislation. We have the necessary permissions and licenses to host public events in public places. This includes playing of live and recorded music, the sale of alcohol, the sale of food and raffle tickets.

PRS Licence.

The use of copyright music across the UK, giving businesses and organisations the legal permission they need to play the music they want. These licences ensure that music publishers, songwriters and composers are fairly rewarded with royalties so they can keep making music - and mean that we’re able to support music at events like this.
For more information about PRS for Music or music licensing, visit or call 0800 068 4828

PPL License. 

PPL and PRS for music are two separate collective management organisations (CMOs). PPL collects and distributes money on behalf of performers and record companies for the use of their recorded music. PRS for Music collects and distributes money on behalf of songwriters, composers and music publishers, for the use of their musical compositions and lyrics.

West Berkshire Council

Permission for temporary road closure for the BoxKart event.
Permission to use public land.
Premises license for the Burghfest event.
License to sell raffle tickets for all events.

TENS License

A temporary event notice (TEN) can be used to hold one-off licensable events at unlicensed premises without the need for a premises license, club premises certificate or the presence of a personal license holder, provided certain criteria are met.
Share by: