The Bulging Sack

Saturday 14th March 2020
Burghfield Village Hall

Back to the Sack for the Craic!

The next opening of the Bulging Sack will be to celebrate St Patrick’s Day.

Join us for

  • A pint (or two!) of Guinness
  • A glass of Bailey’s
  • Special St Patrick’s Day Quiz by The Leprechaun (aka Rudolph!)
  • Live not very Irish Music



The Bulging Sack will be Popping Up through out the year. The latest schedule is below:

The Bulging Sack – Back to the Sack for the Craic!
Mar 14 @ 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
The Bulging (Egg) Sack – Pop Up Pub
Apr 10 @ 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
The Bulging Sack at Burghfield May Fayre
May 8 – May 10 all-day
The Bulging Sack – Pop Up Pub
Dec 5 @ 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
The Bulging Sack – Pop Up Pub
Dec 19 @ 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm

The Bulging Sack – Christmas 2019

200+ Burghfield residents started their Christmas week celebrations with us

  • Launch of the Santa’s Mobile Bar The Wandering Sack that featured:
    • Burghfest award-winning beer from Loddon Brewery
    • A range of posh Gins
    • Santa’s Mulled Wine
    • Santa’s Hot Nuts
  • Christmas Quiz by Rudolph
  • Live Music

and in the process raised over £3,000 for Thames Valley Air Ambulance


Can I sponsor an event?

Sponsoring a Burghfield Santa’s event is a great way to increase your visibility within the local RG7 community and also supports a very worth-while cause.

Sponsorship opportunities include sponsoring a trophy at BoxKart, displaying  your logo on the Burghfest beer glasses or even Adopting a Santa!

Sponsorship opportunities start at £50.

We are currently looking for sponsorship for:

For more details download our Sponsorship Guide or contact us at

Do you have the appropriate permits for your events?

All Burghfield Santa events that are attended by the general public are organised in accordance with UK legislation. We have the necessary permissions and licenses to host public events in public places. This includes:

This license governs the use of copyright music across the UK, giving businesses and organisations the legal permission they need to play the music they want. These licences ensure that music publishers, songwriters and composers are fairly rewarded with royalties so they can keep making music.
PPL collects and distributes money on behalf of performers and record companies for the use of their recorded music.
  • Permission for temporary road closure for Box Kart
  • Permission to use public land.
  • Premises license for Burghfest.
  • License to sell raffle tickets for all events
A temporary event notice (TEN) allow us to hold one-off licensable events at unlicensed premises without the need for a premises license, club premises certificate or the presence of a personal license holder, provided certain criteria are met.